Saturday

Going travelling!

As you may already know, I've decided to take an opportunity to go travelling again. It was a spontaneous decision and I've not had much time to plan the trip. There are still so many places i'd like to visit in the world and it was hard to decide where to go.

This was my short list (for a full list, see an atlas) :

- Australia / NZ
- The Islands of S.E Asia
- India
- Nepal
- China (more of)
- Japan
- Korea
- South America (the whole of)
- USA (more of)
- Middle East (especially Iran)
- North Korea (sadly off limits)

After researching them all for a week, I decided that India and Nepal will offer the best value for money. The Autumn also happens to be the best time of year to visit Nepal so it seems like the best option for me.


This will be the first time I have travelled without an organised tour or itinerary. It's something that I've been wanting to try for a while now. Everyone I've met who goes on their own seems to think it's the best way to experience a new place and culture. Maybe I'll even be able to do the clichéd 'finding yourself' thing!


So here it is! This is my first blog and I hope you enjoy reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment