Tuesday

Waiting in Doha, Qatar

Well, I have officially started my trip! I am flying with Qatar airways, so it means a 2-3 hour stop over between my flight from London to Kathmandu (Nepal).

The first leg of the flight was fine. We flew over Iraq (or Eye-Raq for Americans) and could see cities like Baghdad and Tikrit. I was also amused to see a place called 'Batman' in Turkey on the flight navigation map. haha!


Something I have never seen on any other airline is the sticker system to leave instructions for your air steward. They give you a set of stickers to put on your shirt when you are asleep. I have decided to keep my sticker as it might be handy if I decide to fall asleep in a restaurant during my trip.

|
As we descended into Doha Airport, I took a photo which provide a 'birds eye glimpse' of Qatar. Maybe my Qatar friend Mo can tell me what this place is?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Charlie, This all sounds good! Hope you have fantastic time and we look forward to further blogs! God bless, Verity and Francis.

    ReplyDelete